Monday, August 5, 2024

It’s been a while since I last let my emotions flow onto the page. Sometimes, we need to give voice to our thoughts and feelings, and today, I choose to do so through writing, allowing my words to drift from my fingertips.

On August 4th, 2024, I lost my beloved cat, Milo. She was more than a pet to me; she was family. For nearly 15 years, we shared our lives, and in an instant, time seemed to stand still. Milo succumbed to breast cancer, a cruel disease that takes not only lives but also touches the hearts of those left behind. I know she fought bravely, especially after her surgery, and my deepest hope is that her passing was gentle, free of pain. I pray that God welcomed her softly into eternal rest.

Milo, sayang, today marks four days since you left us. We are still grappling with this loss, struggling to come to terms with a world without you. My heart aches with the void you’ve left behind. Mom and Dad are trying to adjust to the absence of your comforting presence—your gaze from afar, your warm greetings at the door. Kaseh continues to look for you, her confusion and sorrow adding to the weight of our grief. We struggle to explain to her what has happened, knowing it’s hard for her too.

Milo, sayang, I hope you’ve found peace and happiness. I know it will take a long time to get used to this emptiness. Please watch over us and help us stay strong.

Until then..

No comments:

Post a Comment